Last Updated: June 30, 2020
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Conflict Between this Policy and Laws and Regulations
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that personally identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with you (“Personal Information”), including:
- Identifiers such as name, date of birth, username, password;
- Contact Information such as address, email address, phone number;
- Commercial Information such as Services requested or received;
- Performance Measurements and Statistics such as biomechanical information from pitches and exercises such as angles of limbs, length of stride, etc.;
- Financial Information such as credit card number, credit card expiration, billing address;
- Internet and Network Information such as IP address, device ID, device type, operating system, browser;
- Audio/Visual Information such as pictures, videos;
- Inferences drawn from the above categories of Personal Information that relate to your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
The specific Personal Information we collect about you may vary based on how you use the Sites and/or Services and your relationship with us.
We also collect information about businesses that engage with us such as EIN, TIN, contact information, commercial information, and financial information (collectively, “Business Information”). This information is generally not considered Personal Information because it relates to a business.
Usage Data and Sites Activity
We automatically collect information in connection with the actions you take on the Sites or when using the Services (“Usage Data”). For example, each time you visit our website, we automatically collect the type of web browser you use, the type of device you use, your operating system, your Internet Service Provider, the pages you view, referring and exit pages, the date and time of your visit, and the number of clicks to, from, and within the Sites, and the duration of your visits to the Sites. If this information is reasonably capable of being associated with you, we treat it as Personal Information. If this information is not reasonably capable of being individually associated with you, we treat it as Usage Data.
We may record calls and retain the content of text messages, emails, online contact form submissions, or other written/electronic communications between you and us, including communications via service provider platforms such as Slack. By communicating with us, you consent to our recording and retention of communications.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We may ask you to provide us with Personal Information when you communicate with us (online or offline), use the Sites/Services, and at other times. You are not required to provide us your Personal Information; however, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of the Sites or Services or we may not be able to fulfill your requested interaction. For example, to customize training for each player, you may need to submit one or more videos of the player practicing or performing specific actions.
Disclosure of Third Parties’ Information to Us
If you provide us Personal Information of a third party, you must have that third party’s permission or the legal right to do so. If you are the parent or legal guardian of an individual under 18 years of age, and you provide us Personal Information related to that individual, we will presume you have the legal right to do so unless otherwise informed. If a third party supplied us with your Personal Information without your permission or the legal right to do so, please let us know using the contact information below.
Third-Party Data Sources
We may collect Personal Information from third-party data sources such as data brokers, marketing/advertising agencies, identity verification services, financial institutions, and government agencies.
Cookies and Other Automated Tools
We use the following types of cookies:
- Session Cookies: Session cookies keep track of you or your information as you move from page to page within the Sites and are typically deleted once you close your browser. For example, session cookies allow your online credit application to function properly.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies reside on your system and allow us to customize your experience if you leave and later return to the Sites. For example, persistent cookies may allow us to remember your preferences.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising cookies are used to learn more about you and advertise products/services that might interest you.
We employ software technology that enables us to track certain aspects of a user’s visit to the Sites or engagement with our Services. This technology helps us better manage content on the Sites and by informing us what content is effective, how consumers engage with the Sites, and how consumers arrive at and/or depart from the Sites. The software typically uses two methods to track user activity: (1) “tracking pixels” and (2) “clear gifs.” Tracking pixels are pieces of executable code that are embedded in a web page that track usage activity including which pages are viewed, when they are viewed, and how long the pages are viewed. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with unique identifiers which are embedded in web pages and email messages that track whether a user has viewed a web page or email message. User activity information may be associated with additional information about a user’s session and Personal Information, if provided by the user.
We also use analytics software to better understand how users engage with our apps. This software may log information such as how often an app is used, the actions a user takes within an app, and how the app performs. We may combine this information with other Usage Data or Personal Information.
Information from Advertisements
If you arrive at the Sites via an advertisement (e.g., banner ad), we may collect information regarding the advertisement with which you interacted and your interactions (e.g., item clicked, date and time).
THIRD PARTIES THAT COLLECT INFORMATION ON OUR SITES/SERVICES
Certain third parties, including but not limited to those identified below, collect Personal Information and/or Usage Data from users of our Sites or Services using automatic information collection tools such as APIs, cookies, and tracking pixels. The collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information and/or Usage Data by these third parties is governed by their privacy policies.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
We use Personal Information for internal purposes, such as to:
- Provide you with the Sites and Services,
- Account creation, fulfillment, servicing, and customer support: to create accounts, respond to questions and address concerns, deliver updates, upgrades, and product improvement information;
- Marketing and market research: to send communications and offers for our or third parties’ products and services, perform analytics for market research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of Personal Information;
- Surveys, promotional events, contests: to administer surveys, polls, sweepstakes, loyalty programs and other promotional events and contests;
- Other company communications: to provide individuals with information that may be of interest such as company newsletters, announcements, reminders, and service bulletins;
- Website use and analytics: to provide you with access to and use of our Sites and Services, analyze use of our Sites and Services, including the use of third-party analytics services which may utilize automated technologies to collect data (such as email and IP addresses);
- Eligibility and pricing: to determine if consumers are eligible for certain products, services, or offers and the pricing related to such offers;
- Product research: to conduct research and analysis for maintaining, protecting, and developing Services, increase and maintain the safety of our Services, and prevent misuse;
- Business operations: to evaluate, develop, and improve business operations, products and Services offered, perform business administration and other normal business activities;
- Compliance: to comply with applicable legal requirements, government requests, industry standards, contractual obligations, our policies, and take actions that we deem necessary to preserve and enforce our rights and the rights of others; and
- Information security and fraud prevention: to operate information security and anti-fraud programs.
Testimonials and Endorsements
If you provide a testimonial or endorsement, we may post it publicly on the Sites, in the Services, or in other advertising material. By providing a testimonial or endorsement, you give us permission to use it in any manner and for any purpose, including in marketing and advertising communications, without any compensation to you.
We may establish a relationship with other businesses to provide services to us which may include corporate affiliates and sub-processors (“Service Providers”), including for:
- Provision of the Sites and Services;
- Facilitating marketing and non-marketing communications;
- Marketing design and development;
- Business analytics (both marketing and non-marketing related);
- IT and network administration such as Sites and Services development, data storage and management, website hosting, and data security;
- Payment processing;
- Professional services such as legal and accounting;
- Obtaining legal records;
- Collection of accounts; and
- Day-to-day business operations such as courier services, facilities management, and document destruction.
We only provide our Service Providers with the Personal Information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider is expected to use reasonable security measures appropriate to the nature of the information involved to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are required to keep your Personal Information confidential and are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by us.
We may share the following types of Personal Information with one or more Service Providers: unique identifiers; performance measurements and statistics; contact information; commercial information; financial information; Internet and network information; audio/visual information; inferences drawn from the foregoing categories of Personal Information.
We may sell Personal Information to third parties who provide goods or services that may benefit users such as sports equipment companies or to athletic departments or organizations that may be seeking talent. As part of these relationships, we sell the following types of Personal Information:
Third Party Category
Categories of Personal Information Sold
Athletic Departments and Organizations
Performance Measurements and Statistics;
Internet and Network Information;
Inferences drawn from Personal Information.
Sports Equipment Companies
Performance Measurements and Statistics;
Internet and Network Information;
Inferences drawn from Personal Information.
OTHER PRIVACY AND SECURITY PROVISIONS
We recognize the importance of safeguarding the confidentiality of Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration. Accordingly, we employ commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect such Personal Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, and use. Even with these safeguards, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through our Sites or Services, you do so at your own risk.
Please be aware that third-party websites accessible through the Sites or recommended through our Services may have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. We are not responsible for any actions, content of websites, or privacy policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing information.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate to respond to legal requests (including court orders, investigative demands and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of ourselves, consumers, or any other third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with law.
We may share Personal Information and Usage Data with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with us. If we are merged, acquired or sold, or in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets, we may disclose or transfer Personal Information and Usage Data in connection with such transaction.
How Long We Retain Your Data
We retain your Personal Information for as long as we have a relationship with you. We also retain your Personal Information for a period of time after our relationship with you has ended where there is an ongoing business need to retain it. This includes retention to comply with our legal, regulatory, tax, and/or accounting obligations.
The Sites and Services are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
ADDITIONAL CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTS
If you are a resident of California, you may have additional rights to access and control your Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Exemptions may apply.
Right to Opt-Out from the Sale of Personal Information
You have the right to direct us not to sell your Personal Information to third parties. You may exercise your Right to Opt-Out by submitting a request via our “Do Not Sell My Info” page or emailing us at email@example.com. If you are a California resident under 16 years of age, we will not sell your Personal Information without your opt-in consent.
Right to Know
You have the right to request twice per 12-month period that we provide you (i) the categories or specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which we collect your Personal Information; (iii) the business or commercial purpose(s) for which we collected your Personal Information; (iv) the categories of Third Parties with whom we shared your Personal Information; (v) the categories of Third Parties to whom we sold your Personal Information; and (vi) our business or commercial purposes for selling Personal Information. We are not permitted to provide access to specific pieces of Personal Information that are sensitive or create a high risk of potential harm from disclosure to an unauthorized person (e.g. financial information, social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, etc.). We will not provide specific pieces of Personal Information unless you expressly request them.
Right to Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information we have collected about you. Exemptions apply. For example, we will not delete your Personal Information if we need it to complete a requested or reasonably anticipated transaction, prevent security incidents or fraud, enable internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations, or comply with legal obligations.
Submitting a Right to Know or Deletion Request
If you are a California resident, you may submit a Right to Know or Right to Delete request through our CCPA Request Form or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If submitting through email, please be specific in your request and provide at least your name, phone number, and email address. After you submit your request, we may contact you to obtain additional information necessary to verify your identity. For example, we may require you to verify certain information in our files or submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury verifying your identity. We cannot process your request without verifying your identity, so please respond promptly to our request.
If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of a California resident, you must provide a copy of a lawful power of attorney or a written signed authorization from the consumer along with proof your identity. You may provide this documentation via email to email@example.com
after submitting the request. We may contact you and/or the consumer on whose behalf you claim to act to verify your authorization.
California “Do Not Track” Disclosure
Do Not Track is a web browser privacy preference that causes the web browser to broadcast a signal to websites requesting that a user’s activity not be tracked. Currently, our Sites and Services do not respond to “do not track” signals.
120 Vantis, Suite 300
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656